Note: Ruby Play Network is headquartered in Christchurch and Westport
📱Our Flagship Product
You’ll be part of the team building the next evolution of our innovative, social-casino gaming platform which enables igaming operators in North America to provide customised and fun social-casino experiences to their players easily and quickly whilst adhering to our “do no harm” ethos. Currently we have over 10,000 monthly active users and see over $32million in game play each month.
🏆 This role
Want to build some really cool games using awesome tech with the best game developers in the world? Then kick start your career with us and get some real-world experience! Learn game and web development concepts that will apply to a wide range of future paths. Strong opportunity for this position to continue full-time if that interests you.
As an intern, you have an opportunity to join and gain experience in this dynamic/lean working environment where your ideas, culture, and work ethic are all valued.
We have an intern position available for 400 hours work as part of the Callaghan R&D experience grant.
💻 What You Will Do
- Develop high-quality software.
- Porting our current games to Phaser 3
- Working with an artist to add new effects / animations / sounds
- Creating new features to entertain our players
- Review and debug code.
- Perform validation and verification testing.
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products.
- Develop and maintain documentation on product development phases and monitor systems.
🥷 Your Skills
- Excellent Communication.
- Familiarity with game programming, especially 2D and for browsers
- Bonus points for any experience with Phaser
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes and work within deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and in a close team environment
- Proactive and organised.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and attention to detail.
To be eligible for an R&D Experience Grant internship, students must:
- Have studied or be studying at a New Zealand tertiary education institution (note: students who have completed study overseas are not eligible)
- be studying at NZQA level 6-10 or if study has been completed the closing date of the last semester must be less than 12 months ago. For example, if a Bachelor of Engineering student’s final year of enrolment was 2022, they are eligible until end of November 2023 because their last semester finished in November 2022
- Be studying science, engineering, technology, design, or business at a New Zealand tertiary education institute.
- Be legally permitted to work in New Zealand.
- Not have been previously employed at the business unless part-time or temporary.