About the job
Note: Ruby Play Network is headquartered in Christchurch
📱Our Flagship Product
You’ll be part of the team building the next evolution of our innovative, social-casino gaming platform which enables igaming operators in North America to provide customised and fun social-casino experiences to their players easily and quickly whilst adhering to our “do no harm” ethos. Currently we have over 10,000 monthly active users and see over $32million in game play each month.
🏆 This role
Are you ready to embark on an exhilarating career journey in the realm of data? At Ruby Play Network, we're on the hunt for someone passionate about data wrangling, visualisation, and development for responsible gaming, AML (Anti-Money Laundering), and fraud tools.
As an intern, you have an opportunity to join and gain experience in this dynamic/lean working environment where your ideas, culture, and work ethic are all valued.
We have an intern position available for 400 hours work as part of the Callaghan R&D experience grant.
💻 What You Will Do
- Data Wrangling: Untangle complex data sets to unveil valuable insights and opportunities,
- Responsible Gaming & Fraud Tools: Play a pivotal role in enhancing our responsible gaming, AML, and fraud detection solutions.
- Data Reconciliation & Trustworthiness: Ensure the highest level of data reconciliation and trustworthiness, serving as the guardian of data integrity.
- Data Visualisation: Craft stunning data visualisations that breathe life into our numbers and tell compelling stories.
- Collaboration: Join forces with our R&D and data science maestros to supercharge our reporting capabilities.
🥷 Your Skills
- Proactive and Organised: Take the initiative, maintain meticulous organisation, and proactively solve challenges.
- Critical Thinker: Apply critical thinking and an eagle-eye for detail to ensure data accuracy and insights precision.
- Versatile Team Player: Excel in both independent and collaborative settings, adapting swiftly to fast-paced environments with tight deadlines.
- Data Visualization Tools: Experience with tools like Metabase, Tableau, or Power BI to create visually stunning dashboards.
- SQL Savvy: Mastery of SQL to extract, transform, and query data effectively.
- Data Maestro: Proficiency in data modelling, structuring, cleansing, enrichment, validation, and publishing.
- Business Intelligence (BI): Harness your BI skills to empower data-driven decision-making.
If you're ready to embark on a thrilling career where every data point tells a story, and you have the passion and skills to be our data wizard, apply now! Join us in shaping the future of gaming responsibly and combating fraud with the power of data.
To be eligible for an R&D Experience Grant internship, students must:
- Have studied or be studying at a New Zealand tertiary education institution (note: students who have completed study overseas are not eligible)
- be studying at NZQA level 6-10 or if study has been completed the closing date of the last semester must be less than 12 months ago. For example, if a Bachelor of Engineering student’s final year of enrolment was 2022, they are eligible until end of November 2023 because their last semester finished in November 2022
- Be studying science, engineering, technology, design, or business at a New Zealand tertiary education institute.
- Be legally permitted to work in New Zealand.
- Not have been previously employed at the business unless part-time or temporary.